Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Air mattresses in the mercenary Congress

Echoing my recent post on the current obsession among congressmen over avoiding all appearances of attachment to DC, the Washington Post today published an article about members of Congress sleeping on the floors of their offices.    Many of these are Tea Partiers who apparently have not realized that using their office as a home involves freeloading on the federal government for plumbing and electricity, possibly in violation of the tax code.  I don't care about this, but I would like my representatives to act like professionals with responsibilities of national importance. 

I agree with the Wayne Gilchrest quote:  "It's lonely. You're isolated. And it's in some ways, it's sort of pathetic." 

Congress is not summer camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment